We are delighted to announce that the reopening of St Clare's church begins on Monday 15th June, with limited opening for private prayer.
Initially we will be open for two hours per day, though opening times will be extended as soon as circumstances allow. Social distancing restrictions and additional hygiene measures will be in place, and stewards will be on hand to guide and assist you. Please note that capacity is very limited, and if we reach our maximum number people will be asked to queue outside the church.
Opening Times (updated Sunday 19th July):
Please take note of the following important information, or watch the video below:
- Please do not visit the church if you have any symptoms of coronavirus, including high temperature, cough, loss of smell or taste. You must also not visit if you have been asked to shield or to self-isolate to protect yourself or others.
- Hand sanitisers will be provided and must be used when you enter and as you leave the building.
- You must keep at least 2m apart from other people at all times, following the one-way system. Entry is via the main doors (the narthex) and exit will be via one of the emergency doors in the church.
- Please also maintain 2m distance at all times in the car park.
- Benches will be marked with spaces for sitting. You may only sit in a marked space. If you use a wheelchair, there is a marked space near the font where you can sit whilst maintaining 2m distance from others.
- Some benches are marked with spaces appropriate for couples and some for family groups - please only share these spaces if you live in the same household or are part of the same 'support bubble'.
- The opening is strictly for private, individual prayer, and silence must be observed in the church at all times.
- We are asked to keep ventilation to a maximum by keeping windows and some doors open at all times - therefore, it may be colder than usual. Please wear suitable clothing! Also bear in mind that at busy periods you may need to wait outside the church.
- Cushions and chairs with fabric finishes have been removed from the church, as these cannot be easily cleaned.
- Many other items have been removed from the church at this time, including CTS books, leaflets and the parish prayer book.
- You may light votive candles. However, there will be no tapers or lighters - your candle may only be lit from another candle on the stand. Hand sanitiser must be fully dry before you go near to a flame, as the sanitiser is highly flammable. Please do not touch a candle unless you intend to light it.
- Do not touch statues, even for veneration. Please avoid touching surfaces in the church as much as possible.
- There is no requirement to wear a face covering or mask, but you are welcome to do so if you wish.