We are looking forward to welcoming you to celebrate the birth of Jesus at St Clare's this Christmas.
Christmas Mass times:
Christmas Eve: 5:30pm and 7:30pm; Midnight Mass (at Midnight)
Christmas Day: 10am and 11:30am
Sunday 26th December: 9:30am and 11:30am (N.B. no evening Mass here today - there is an evening Mass at 5pm at St Anthony's and at 6pm at Our Lady and St Edward's)
Monday 27th-Friday 31st: Mass daily at 10am
Saturday 1st January: Mass at 12noon, then Sunday vigil at 6pm (normal Mass times resume from 2nd January)
Booking is not required for any Masses.
Social Distancing and Safety Measures
- Some of the Masses are likely to be busier than a normal Sunday Mass (see below) and therefore social distancing will be reduced. We will space people out as much as possible across the church and the narthex, but all the benches will be available for use at busier Masses.
- Face coverings are required by law, unless you are exempt.
- The church will be well ventilated, minimising the risk of airborne transmission.
- An enhanced cleaning regime remains in place.
- Please do not attend if you feel unwell or if you have been asked to isolate.
- You may wish to consider taking a lateral flow test before attending Mass.
How busy will it be?
We expect the 5:30pm Mass to be the busiest Mass, with more people expected than on a (current) typical Sunday. Other Masses are likely to be similar to current attendance on a busy Sunday morning (90-100 people). Even at the busiest Mass, the church should be well below its pre-pandemic capacity (perhaps around 40% full). If you’re looking for a quieter Mass, 11:30am is likely to be the least busy, and on Christmas Eve 7:30pm should be quieter than 5:30pm.
Which Masses are being streamed?
If you are unable to attend in person, the Masses at 5:30pm, Midnight and 10am are being streamed live at https://www.youtube.com/user/StClaresChurch
How early should I arrive?
Doors will open 30 minutes before each Mass, apart from the 11:30am Mass on Christmas Day, when doors will be open from 11:10am.
What if there are new restrictions?
If new social distancing measures or other restrictions come into force before Christmas, this page will be updated with the latest information. Please check back here before coming to Mass.